CTAN update: xgreek

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at ctan.org
Tue Jan 2 12:01:07 CET 2024

Apostolos Syropoulos submitted an update to the

                      xgreek

package.

Version:  3.3.0 2024-01-01
License:  lppl1.3c

Summary description:  Greek Language Support for XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX

 The new implementation of the \MakeUppercase command ingores \uccode
 and \lccode commands and so the output of \MakeUppercase is wrong
 when Greek text is the argument of the command.
 In this version, I replaced all the \uccode and the corresponding
 \lccode commands with the required new \DeclareUppercaseMapping
 and \DeclareLowercaseMapping commands.
 Now \MakeUppercase works as expected.
 In addition, I have added a detailed explanation of the
 grammatical rule that dictates this change.

The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at
   https://ctan.org/pkg/xgreek

The package’s files themselves can be inspected at
   https://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/unicodetex/latex/xgreek/

   Thanks for the upload.

     For the CTAN Team
    Petra Rübe-Pugliese