CTAN submission -- TeXnicCenter

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Mon Oct 8 15:34:47 CEST 2001

A submission was uploaded to nova.dante.de:/ftp/incoming/upload-20011008.001/.

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor:

Name of contribution: TeXnicCenter
Name and email: Sven Wiegand
Suggested location on CTAN: /tex-archive/systems/win32
Summary description: Integrated development environment for LaTeX on Windows.
License type: Free

Some of you might already know TeXnicCenter (TXC). For those: This is the current release which has been much more improved in comparison to the version that was avaialable at CTAN before.

For those who do not know TXC here a short overview:

TeXnicCenter is an integrated development environment (IDE) for developing LaTeX-documents on windows (Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT 4.0).

TXC is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public
License (GPL) and is therefore AVAILABLE FOR FREE including the source codes.

Here is a list of some features provided by TeXnicCenter:

- Project orientated integrated development environment for
  LaTeX-documents
- Definition of unlimited "output profiles" (i.e.
  "LaTeX => DVI", "LaTeX => PS", "LaTeX => PDF")
- Editor:
  - Syntax highlighting
  - Dynamic word wrapping (you don't need to scroll
    horizontally)
  - Unlimited undo and redo
  - Bookmarks
  - "Go to last change"
  - Incremental search
  - Find, find and replace
  - Fully customizable
- Structure View:
  - Clear, document orientated tree view of the whole
    document structure
  - Displays headers, floating figures and floating tables
  - Supports file inclusion via \input and \include
  - Simple navigation by double clicking on an item
  - Simple referencing by inserting references with an
    item's context menu
  - Simple updating by saving one or all files
- LaTeX-support:
  - Simple insertion of LaTeX-constructs by menu or toolbar
  - Compilation of the project in the IDE -- simple jumping
    to errors, warnings and bad boxes.
- Support for document templates
- Full customizable menu and toolbars in modern and
  skinable look and feel (including Office 2000 and Office
  XP like skins).
- Support for English and German language

More details about TXC are available on our homepage

  www.ToolsCenter.org

Happy TeXing...

  Sven Wiegand

Thanks for the upload.  I installed the new version in
CTAN:/tex-archive/systems/win32/TeXnicCenter as suggested

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team