CTAN submission -- repeatindex

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Mon Oct 15 09:33:55 CEST 2001

----- Forwarded message from Harald Harders -----
I have uploaded repeatindex.tar.gz to ftp.dante.de. It contains the
package repeatindex.sty as well an an xml file for the catalogue.
I suggest to put the file's contents to
CTAN:/macros/latex/contrib/supported/repeatindex. License is lppl.

>From the README:
This Package repeats item of an index if a page or column
break occurs within a list of subitems.
This helps to find out to which main item a subitem belongs.

Example:

   Main Item A, 1, 3, 6             Main Item A...
      Subitem a, 1                      Subitem g, 1
      Subitem b, 1                      Subitem h, 1
      Subitem c, 2                      Subitem i, 1
      Subitem d, 3                      Subitem j, 1
      Subitem d, 1                  Main Item B, 3, 6
      Subitem e, 4                      Subitem a, 3
      Subitem f, 2                      Subitem b, 4

Problems:
- When an item is repeated a small vertical space is included two
  items later
- If the last item is a subitem and the only entry on the last page
  of the index the repeation is omitted

This package has not been tested much, yet. Please help me to find
more problems and if possible solutions to my problems.
I have had much trouble in solving the problem that the code
defined in afterpage is executed with a delay.
----- End forwarded message -----

Thanks for the upload.  I installed the new package as suggested in
CTAN:/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/supported/repeatindex/

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team