CTAN submission: typedref

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 11 11:05:06 CEST 2001

Greg Seidman writes:

> Please find on cam.ctan.org the file typedref.tar.gz, an update of the
> saferef package. Due to the licensing of the original the name had to be
> changed. The license for the original reads like this:
>
> %%    Package `saferef' for use with LaTeX2e
> %%    Copyright (C) 1997 James Ashton (email `James.Ashton at anu.edu.au').
> %%    All rights reserved.  You may not alter the contents of this file
> %%    unless you also change its name.
>
> ...so I am not entirely certain of the legitimacy of my submission. Anyway,
> my license reads identically (since I don't know what other rights I can
> give according to the previous license).

sigh.  leave it where it is for the time being: you're obviously doing
the best you can.  if your version is "enough" better, we could well
find saferef withering on the branch (at which point we could shuffle
it off to "obsolete", if we were to remember at that stage...).

> Presumably, typedref belongs in the same place in the tree as saferef, i.e.
> macros/latex/contrib/supported.
>
> The improvements over saferef are:
>
> 1. Compatibility with hyperref. This has been tested extensively.
> 2. Support for referencing appendices in documents which do not define
>    \chapter (i.e. anything that isn't a book).
> 3. Minor documentation changes/fixes.

thanks for the upload.  i've installed the files as suggested.