CTAN submission -- BrushScriptX-Italic PS Type-1 fonts (update)

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Tue Sep 25 13:49:27 CEST 2001

I have installed an update of the Type-1 font BrushScriptX-Italic
by Maurizio Loreti in CTAN:/tex-archive/fonts/brushscr.

>From the README file:
This directory contains: a Type-1 font named BrushScriptX-Italic, that
simulates hand-written characters; all the files needed by LaTeX in
order to use that font; a file AAA_readme.tex that fully describes the
package; two example files.

History:

- The original (public domain) NeXT screen font has been edited, with
  a Type-1 font editor named TypeSmith, on an Amiga computer.  The
  service files have been generated using the "fontinst" package by
  Alan Jeffrey.
- Having TypeSmith generated a buggy font, Louis Vosloo of Y&Y, with
  enormous courtesy, has fixed the font in his spare time (I no longer
  had an Amiga computer, or a font editor of any kind).
- Rolf Niepraschk submits a file pbsi.sty .
- A more strict dvips (5.86e) refuses to handle the font.  Rolf
  Niepraschk submits a fix, generated by the "type1fix" perl script.
- Having learnt about a free Type-1 font editor called 'pfaedit' by
  George Williams (http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net) I have completely
  re-edited the font.  Thierry Bouche has been of invaluable help
  with fontinst.