CTAN submission -- BaKoMa TeX 4.20
zierke at dante.de
Wed Apr 3 10:35:11 CEST 2002
----- Forwarded message from "Basil K. Malyshev" -----
I have uploaded to `ftp.tex.ac.uk/incoming/bakoma' directory
update for BaKoMa TeX 4.20 and macro packages coming with BaKoMa TeX.
Please put the files to 'CTAN:systems/win32/bakoma' directory.
Basil K. Malyshev
PS: Please send announce to appropriate mailing lists and news groups.
--------------- About BaKoMa TeX 4.20 ----------------------
* Graphical Capabilities
* User Interface
* PDF Generation Features
* New Features of BaKoMa TeX 4.20
For more information about BaKoMa TeX see
BaKoMa TeX is a complete TeX system for Microsoft Windows XP/2000/NT/98/95
* PostScript enabled TeX system.
Generates *PDF* from documents with *PSTricks*, *PSfrag*, etc.
* Supports using PostScript Type 1 fonts (including MM) *WITHOUT ATM*.
However, using ATM for font rendering is optionally available.
* Complete distribution includes about *1500* TeX Fonts (including EC/TC, LH)
in ATM Compatible PostScript Type 1 font format.
* Consistent graphics and font support for all DVI back-ends.
* Supports hyperlink text broken across lines and pages.
* Easy to install and use.
* Much less expensive than other analogues.
BaKoMa TeX includes an interpreter for *PostScript Level 2*,
which is tested for compatibility with output from popular
software such as: MetaPost, Adobe Illustrator 9.0, Adobe Streamline 4.0,
MatLab, CorelDraw, CorelXARA, HIGZ, PageDraw, FrameMaker, ImageMagick, etc.
All DVI back-ends support the same special interface compatible
with well known Rokicki's DVIPS, including processing PostScript
embedded into DVI files (PSTricks, PSfrag, XyPic, etc.).
The system includes Graphics Import Filters for the following formats:
PostScript, HPGL, DXY, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, PCX, MSP, BMP.
BaKoMa TeX supports the following font formats:
* PostScript Type 1 (including Multiple Masters),
* PostScript Type 3,
* TeX PK/VF.
The system includes about *1500* typefaces in PostScript Type 1
and Type 3 font format including the following fonts:
* CM (including LaTeX and Logo fonts + vf for T1 with CX
* AMS Fonts (Euler, Math Symbols),
* LH (T2A),
* Concrete (Math, ECC),
* CMCyr + vf for T2A/LCY
* Scripting fonts, CMPica, Punk.
* Stmaryrd, Wasy, Rsfs, YHMath, BlackBoard (bbm, doublestroke).
Diagram drawing fonts:
* Lams, Astro Symbols (cmastro, astrosym, moonphase),
* Barcodes (barcodes, wlean, wlc*), Logical (loggates, milstd),
* timing, MusiXTeX, Chess/CChess, Go, Backgammon, Dingbats/NiceFrame. etc.
Any font type can be used for any output device/format.
This feature is supported by automatic font conversion
between font formats when needed.
This feature enables the rendering of Type 1 fonts *without ATM*.
On the other hand, it enables the use of TrueType/OpenType fonts
for generating PostScript printed even on PostScript Level 1 printers.
In advance, BaKoMa TeX is ready to use most of free Type 1 fonts
available on CTAN and Trutype fonts coming with MS Windows systems.
* One touch key for TeX + Preview + other customizable postprocessors,
* Typesetting a selected part of a document (styles may be precompiled as format).
* Quick navigation via document structure,
* DVI Forward/Reverse search (format independent),
* Powerful support for different input encodings,
* Project support,
* Graphics import assistant,
* Assitance for multi-file documents:
context sensitive openning of included text and graphics files,
* Searching for TeX errors using the TeX log file,
* Searching for help for TeX commands in entire document collection,
* Syntax highlighting is configurable for catcodes and command dictionaries,
* Customizable GUI Bars and menus for inserting Math Symbols and other commands,
* Automatic creation of a BB-file for non-PostScript graphics.
* Spell Checker: On-the-spot highlighting of misspelled words,
correction proposals, handling accents and babel shortcuts.
configurable for handling (La)TeX commands.
* Support for Multi-User systems.
* View on Windows Display.
* Print on any printer supported by a MS Windows driver.
* PostScript (really scalable),
Important feature of BaKoMa TeX is consistent graphics and font support
for all types of output. This means that all font formats mentioned
may be used for every type of output. This also means that all graphical
capabilities mentioned are supported for every type of output.
PDF GENERATION FEATURES
* Handling in-line PostScript in DVI files (PSTricks).
* Creating PDF files which share fonts.
Suitable for preparing CD-ROM based document libraries.
* Embedding fonts in CFF requires 2--3 times less space then other font forms.
* Handles HyperTeX (HyperRef) and document outline.
NEW FEATURES OF BAKOMA TEX 4.20 in comparison with BAKOMA TEX 4.10
* Text Editor
+ Document Tabs for switching between Document Windows.
+ Windows of Console, Messages, Log-file, are managed
inside Centaur Frame window (switched via TAB Control).
+ GUI Control bars are switched via TAB Control instead of radio buttons.
GUI Control bars may include bitmaps.
Added GUI Bar for insertion of LaTeX frequently used commands.
+ Show states of document tabs, toolbar, GUI Bar, status bar, and other
control bars are controlled from context menu which is opened
by right mouse button pushed under a control bar or program menu.
+ `File|Exit All BaKoMa TeX Programs' - new command.
+ Buttons for browsing through TeX Log file to TeX Control bar were added.
+ Alarm button is added at left edge of status bar.
It is green when some warnings are in Message Window.
It is blinked red when some errors are in message window.
Pressing on this button shows Message Window.
+ Key binding list: list was changed to TAB Control.
+ Contents of text window is redrawn while dragging scroll bar thumb.
+ Moving mouse with pressed right mouse button drags text inside window.
+ Multiple click of left mouse button (without a moving) sequentially
selects: Word, Line, Paragraph.
* DVI Viewer
+ Added support for new HyperRef options:
pdfpagemode, pdfstartview, pdfstartpage, pdfpagescrop,
pdfpagetransition, pdfpageduration, pdfpagehidden.
+ Options pdfstartview and pdfstartpage are handled by DVI Viewer.
* Bug fixing
+ Fixed conflict between LaTeX packages: PSfrag and Color.
+ Font handling is refined to import EPS files produced by Corel 9/10.
+ Fixed incorrect handling of T1-fonts (CM+CX) (baseline quotes)
+ Fixed a buffer overflow at embedding DOCINFO object into PDF.
For more information about changes see
---------- End of BaKoMa TeX Information ----------
Thanks for the upload. I installed the new version of BaKoMa TeX in
CTAN://tex-archive/systems/win32/bakoma/ as suggested.
for the CTAN team
More information about the Ctan-ann