New CTAN package: mathabx

Jim Hefferon ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Tue Apr 30 15:13:28 CEST 2002

A new package has been installed on tug.ctan.org and should
make its way to your favorite mirror in the next day or two.

Thanks for the upload,
Jim Hefferon
ftpmaint at tug.ctan.org

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor.

Name of contribution: mathabx
Author's name: Anthony Phan
Location on CTAN: fonts/mathabx
Summary description: mathabx, quite large series of mathematical symbols
License type: lppl

Announcement text given by the contribution's author:
The mathabx series are at their development's first stage. The ``me''
suffix means ``Merely for Evaluation''. Their author hopes to have time
one day to design anew some symbols, especially large ones. Thus, he claims
no stability about metrics and encoding of these fonts, nor about plain
TeX and LaTeX input files.