CTAN submission -- Eukleides (geometry drawing language)

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Tue Aug 27 10:13:30 CEST 2002

----- Forwarded message from Christian Obrecht -----
As a mathematics teacher using LaTeX, I needed a tool to draw geometry
diagrams in my documents. Since I didn't find anything satisfying I
decided two years ago to create Eukleides, a Euclidean geometry drawing
language. The Eukleides distribution comes with a compiler which
translates Eukleides code into PSTricks code, and a graphical frontend
named Xeukleides. It is released under GPL. Various kinds of binaries are
available: RPM, Debian, Free BSD, and soon Mac OS X.

You'll find more informations in the home page:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/obrecht/

Eukleides is now used by people all over the world, for instance in
Japan, see:
http://www.mlb.co.jp/linux/science/eukleides/

It has been referenced by the FSF:
http://www.gnu.org/directory/Mathematics/Misc/eukleides.html

Last year, Dr James Foster, Membership Secretary of the UK TUG, made a
presentation about it at the annual general meeting:
http://uk.tug.org/UK-TuG/AGM-2001/

Since some TeX users may be interested in Eukleides, I thought you may
want to add the Eukleides distribution to CTAN.
----- End forwarded message -----

Thanks for your submission.  I installed the new files in
CTAN:/tex-archive/support/eukleides/

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team