New CTAN package: jDVI - DVI viewer and printer coded in Java

Jim Hefferon ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Wed Feb 6 15:38:43 CET 2002

A new package has been installed at tug.ctan.org and should make
its way through the mirroring process shortly.

Thanks for the upload,
Jim Hefferon
ftpmaint at tug.ctan.org

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor.

Name of contribution: jDVI - DVI viewer and printer coded in Java
Author's name: James Hurt
Location on CTAN: dviware/jdvi
Summary description: DVI viewer and printer coded in Java
License type: lppl

Announcement text given by the contribution's author:
This is the initial release of jDVI, a DVI viewer and printer coded in
Java. You will need Java RTE 1.3 to run this application, as well as the
BaKoMa True Type fonts for which I am endebted to Basil K. Malyshev. For
completeness, a copy of the BaKoMa fonts are included in a Zip file, the
format suitable for use with jDVI.