CTAN submission -- BibTool 2.46
zierke at dante.de
Thu Feb 14 22:27:30 CET 2002
----- Forwarded message from Gerd Neugebauer -----
I have uploaded the following two files to ftp.dante.de/incoming
The first one is meant to replace the file
The second file should be unpacked in the same directory to update the
HTML gif and dvi files residing there (The new HTML version of the
manual isn't availlable yet).
BibTool is distributed under the GPL. The Readme file follows.
BibTool: A Tool for Manipulating BibTeX Data Bases
BibTeX provides an easy to use means to integrate citations and
bibliographies into LaTeX documents. But the user is left alone with
the management of the BibTeX files. The program BibTool is intended to
fill this gap. BibTool allows the manipulation of BibTeX files which
goes beyond the possibilities --- and intentions --- of BibTeX. The
possibilities of BibTool include
* Pretty-printing BibTeX data bases adjustable by lots of parameters.
* Syntactic checks with error recovery superior to BibTeX and helpful
* Semantic checks can be specified by the user.
* Sorting and merging of BibTeX data bases according to a free
definable sort key.
* Generation of uniform reference keys according to predefined rules
or according to an own specification.
* Selecting references used in one publication which are found by
analyzing an .aux file.
* Selecting references by a set of criteria (regular expressions).
* Controlled rewriting of fields utilizing regular expressions to
specify the rewriting rules.
* Macro (String) expansion to eliminate the need of extra string
* Collecting statistics about one or more BibTeX data bases.
BibTool contains a documentation written in LaTeX of more than 60
pages (and still growing).
BibTool is written in C and has been compiled on various operating
systems like flavors of UN*X and MSDOG machines. It is distributed in
source code. No compiled versions are available from the author
(Useless to ask!).
BibTool can be obtained from the CTAN archives:
Get the file BibTool-x.xx.tar.gz where x.xx is the version number.
Unpack it with the command (on UN*X)
gunzip < BibTool-x.xx.tar.gz | tar -xvf -
Alternatively get the file BibTool-x.xx.zip where x.xx is the version
number. Unpack it with the command
It will create a directory named BibTool-x.xx which contains the
installation instructions in the file INSTALL.
----- End forwarded message -----
Thanks for the upload. I installed the new version as suggested in
replacing the ild files.
for the CTAN team
More information about the Ctan-ann