CTAN submission -- soul.sty

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Fri Jan 4 10:56:51 CET 2002

----- Forwarded message from Melchior Franz -----
I've just uploaded version 2.0 of `soul.sty' as archive

Please replace the contents of
by the new files. The package is again licenced under the terms of the

The new version is an almost complete rewrite

- it is much more robust now
- allows natural input syntax for accents, dashes etc.
- allows font switching commands in the argument
- has all(?) bugs from soul 1.3 fixed
- provides some additional features: highlighting, \sloppyword
- has an improved documentation
- has a much improved programming interface
----- End forwarded message -----

Thanks for the upload.  I installed it as suggested in
CTAN:/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/supported/soul/
replacing the old version.

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team