CTAN submission -- BaKoMa teX 4.10
zierke at dante.de
Mon Jan 21 16:27:42 CET 2002
----- Forwarded message from "Basil K. Malyshev" -----
I have uploaded to `ftp.dante.de/incoming/bakoma' directory
update for BaKoMa TeX 4.10 and macro packages coming with BaKoMa TeX.
Please put the files to 'CTAN:systems/win32/bakoma' directory.
New features (in short):
* Text Editor Spell Checker: On-the-spot highlighting of misspelled words,
correction proposals, handling accents and babel shortcuts.
* DVI Viewer supports link text broken across lines.
* Fonts: CM-Super, MathPatho, PalatinoLinotype (from Windows XP).
* Support for Multi-User systems.
* Running under *Windows XP*.
* Reading TeX files in binary mode.
More details are explained at end of this E-Mail.
Basil K. Malyshev
PS: Please send announce to approapriate mailing lists and news groups.
--------------- About BaKoMa TeX 4.10 ----------------------
* Graphical Capabilities
* User Interface
* PDF Generation Features
* New Features of BaKoMa TeX 4.10
For more information about BaKoMa TeX see
BaKoMa TeX is a complete TeX system for Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT/2000.
* PostScript enabled TeX system.
Generates *PDF* from documents with *PSTricks*, *PSfrag*, etc.
* Supports using PostScript Type 1 fonts (including MM) *WITHOUT ATM*.
However, using ATM for font rendering is optionally available.
* Complete distribution includes about *1500* TeX Fonts (including EC/TC, LH)
in ATM Compatible PostScript Type 1 font format.
* Consistent graphics and font support for all DVI back-ends.
* Easy to install and use.
* Much less expensive than other analogues.
BaKoMa TeX includes an interpreter for *PostScript Level 2*,
which is tested for compatibility with output from popular
software such as: MetaPost, Adobe Illustrator 9.0, Adobe Streamline 4.0,
MatLab, CorelDraw, CorelXARA, HIGZ, PageDraw, FrameMaker, ImageMagick, etc.
All DVI back-ends support the same special interface compatible
with well known Rokicki's DVIPS, including processing PostScript
embedded into DVI files (PSTricks, PSfrag, XyPic, etc.).
The system includes Graphics Import Filters for the following formats:
PostScript, HPGL, DXY, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, PCX, MSP, BMP.
BaKoMa TeX supports the following font formats:
* PostScript Type 1 (including Multiple Masters),
* PostScript Type 3,
* TeX PK/VF.
The system includes about *1500* typefaces in PostScript Type 1
and Type 3 font format including the following fonts:
* CM (including LaTeX and Logo fonts + vf for T1 with CX
* AMS Fonts (Euler, Math Symbols),
* LH (T2A),
* Concrete (Math, ECC),
* CMCyr + vf for T2A/LCY
* Scripting fonts, CMPica, Punk.
* Stmaryrd, Wasy, Rsfs, YHMath, BlackBoard (bbm, doublestroke).
Diagram drawing fonts:
* Lams, Astro Symbols (cmastro, astrosym, moonphase),
* Barcodes (barcodes, wlean, wlc*), Logical (loggates, milstd),
* timing, MusiXTeX, Chess/CChess, Go, Backgammon, Dingbats/NiceFrame. etc.
Any font type can be used for any output device/format.
This feature is supported by automatic font conversion
between font formats when needed.
This feature enables the rendering of Type 1 fonts *without ATM*.
On the other hand, it enables the use of TrueType/OpenType fonts
for generating PostScript printed even on PostScript Level 1 printers.
* One touch key for TeX + Preview + other customizable postprocessors,
* Typesetting a selected part of a document (styles may be precompiled as format).
* Quick navigation via document structure,
* DVI Forward/Reverse search (format independent),
* Powerful support for different input encodings,
* Project support,
* Graphics import assistant,
* Assitance for multi-file documents:
context sensitive openning of included text and graphics files,
* Searching for TeX errors using the TeX log file,
* Searching for help for TeX commands in entire document collection,
* Syntax highlighting is configurable for catcodes and command dictionaries,
* Customizable GUI Bars and menus for inserting Math Symbols and other commands,
* Spell Checker is configurable for handling (La)TeX commands.
* Automatic creation of a BB-file for non-PostScript graphics.
* View on Windows Display.
* Print on any printer supported by a MS Windows driver.
* PostScript (really scalable),
Important feature of BaKoMa TeX is consistent graphics and font support
for all types of output. This means that all font formats mentioned
may be used for every type of output. This also means that all graphical
capabilities mentioned are supported for every type of output.
PDF GENERATION FEATURES
* Handling in-line PostScript in DVI files (PSTricks).
* Creating PDF files which share fonts.
Suitable for preparing CD-ROM based document libraries.
* Embedding fonts in CFF requires 2--3 times less space then other font forms.
* Handles HyperTeX (HyperRef) and document outline.
NEW FEATURES OF BAKOMA TEX 4.10 in comparison with BAKOMA TEX 4.05
Text Editor -- Spell Checker improvements.
* On-the-spot highlighting of misspelled words,
Spell Checking was integrated with (La)TeX syntax highlighting.
In other words, unknown word are highlighted on display.
Of course highlighting works correctly when you enter a words.
* Speller is now case sensitive.
* Suggestions for correction of a misspelled words are present;
* It recognizes soft hyphens (exam\-ples),
accented character typed in 7-bit notation (F\"ur),
whose may be defined in special dictionary.
* It recognizes *Babel shorthands* (F"ur).
We provide ready to use tables for every language which has shorthands
defined by Babel package.
DVI Viewer -- supports link text broken across lines.
DVIEW (DVI Viewer), coming with BaKoMa TeX 4.10,
supports link text broken across lines.
DVIEW makes links on multiple lines into different PDF links to
the same target. Links saved into PDF are the same as shown on display.
In advance, there is simple solution for links broken across pages,
even when a footnote (or another foot material) is present on this page.
* The system was improved to support *CM-Super* fonts.
Displaying fonts is supported via automatical conversion
to Unicoded TrueType fonts. We provide small module (CM-Super.BKZ)
which installs all stuffs required to use CM-Super fonts.
* The system was improved to support PalatinoLinotype fonts coming
with *Windows XP*.
The problem is that these fonts have no PostScript glyph names.
The names are generated from CMAP table according to Adobe's glyph names.
* *MathPazo* fonts was added to PSFONTS.BKZ module.
* Experimental set of virtual fonts for Palatino fonts in T2A encoding
Running under Multi-User Environment.
BaKoMa TeX was refined for working in multi-user systems
(Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, NT, and Win 98 with enabled accounts).
1. saving an user settings into a private configuration file.
2. creating private directories for TEXMFLOCAL and VARTEX.
Running under *Windows XP*
BaKoMa TeX 4.10 is preliminary tested for running under Windows XP.
In result, some features was improved in BaKoMa TeX 4.10.
However, if compatibility problems with Windows XP are found
we intend to develop an update release of BaKoMa TeX that will address
TeX processor now reads TeX files in binary mode.
This approach has following advantages:
* All types of line separators (DOS, UNIX, MAC) are supported.
* Reading of Ctrl-Z (ASCII 26) and other control characters
as simple characters is supported.
For more information about changes see
---------- End of BaKoMa TeX Information ----------
----- End forwarded message -----
Thanks for the submission. I installed it in
replacing the old version.
for the CTAN team
More information about the Ctan-ann