New CTAN package: TeXaide

Jim Hefferon ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Tue Mar 5 15:47:51 CET 2002

A new package has been installed at tug.ctan.org and should make
its way through the mirroring process in the next day or two.

Thanks for the upload,
Jim Hefferon
ftpmaint at tug.ctan.org

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor.

Name of contribution: TeXaide
Author's name: Design Science
Location on CTAN: support/texaide
Summary description: TeXaide is a special version of Equation Editor
  that generates TeX & LaTeX.
License type: nosource

Announcement text given by the contribution's author:
TeXaide

TeXaide(TM) is a special version of our Equation Editor that generates
TeX using MathType's TeX translator technology. Whereas Equation Editor
can be used with any application that supports OLE or can paste a graphic
from the clipboard, TeXaide only generates TeX on the clipboard, where
it can be pasted into any TeX system. Now you can generate TeX equations
using Equation Editor's easy-to-use interface! Insert hundreds of
characters and symbols without having to look them up!

The following TeX translators are supplied:

Plain TeX
AMS TeX
AMS LaTeX
LaTeX 2.09 and later

TeXaide is available for Windows 95, 98, 2000, Me, XP, NT 4.0 and newer,
and comes with a comprehensive help file that describes how to use the
product. The download is only 1MB.

TeXaide is free; all we ask in return is for your email address. From
time to time we'll send you information related to our mathematical
typesetting products but will not use your email address for any other
reason.