upload: devnag-contrib.zip

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Mar 23 18:36:52 CET 2002

anshuman pandey writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've uploaded the devnag-contrib.zip to the incoming directory on
> ftp.tex.ac.uk. The zip archive has files intended for the directory
> /language/devangari/contrib/. The archive contains stored path names
> for the following structures:
>
>   /fonts/dvpn/
>   /fonts/type1/
>
> The files are supplemental files to be used by the "Devanagari for
> TeX" package that resides in /language/devanagari/.

i've installed the directories under language/devanagari/contrib/fonts

the type1 directory's readme says:

  These outline renderings (PostScript Type 1) of Frans Velthuis'
  Devanagari fonts for TeX were created by Primoz Peterlin
  <primoz.peterlin at biofiz.mf.uni-lj.si>.

  The original METAFONT sources were automatically converted to PFB using
  Peter Szabo's TeXtrace <http://www.inf.bme.hu/~pts/textrace/> package,
  and subsequently edited using George Williams' PfaEdit PostScript font
  editor <http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net/>.

  The AFM files were also automatically created by PfaEdit. Peterlin notes
  that a direct conversion from the TeX font metrics to Adobe font metric
  files might yield better results.

  To use these Type 1 fonts, copy the contents of dvng.map to psfonts.map,
  or modify the dvips config.ps file to reference the file.

  Anshuman Pandey

thanks for the upload.