CTAN submission -- soul.sty

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Wed May 29 17:16:21 CEST 2002

----- Forwarded message from Melchior FRANZ -----
I've just uploaded version 2.3 of `soul.sty' as archive
    >--- soul.tar.gz ---<

    >--- ftp://ftp.dante.de/incoming/ ---<

Please replace the contents of
    >--- /macros/latex/contrib/supported/soul/ ---<

by the new files. The package is again licenced under the terms of the
    >--- LPPL ---<

The soul package provides hyphenatable letterspacing, underlining,
overstriking, and highlighting.

Version 2.3
- fixes a nasty hack, that kept soul from playing nice with
  ccfonts.sty (beton.sty), cmbright.sty and possibly other
  packages. This is now solved cleanly.
  (Under normal circumstances this would have become version 2.2.1
  or something, but soul is IMHO feature complete and has already
  stabilized after the rewrite. So I consider this fix worth getting
  released soon and with its own minor release number. Imagine, this
  was the very last bug and I had to stick to an odd version number
  like "2.2.1a" forever. Shudder ...)
- fixes some small bugs in the documentation, as always
- GO FORTH now and steal sheep!   :-]

m.
----- End forwarded message -----

Thanks for the upload.  I installed it as suggested replacing the old
version in  CTAN:/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/supported/soul/

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team