CTAN update: The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List

Jim Hefferon ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Thu Oct 10 17:35:00 CEST 2002

A package has been updated at tug.ctan.org.  It should make its way to
your favorite mirror in the next day or two.

Thanks for the upload,
Jim Hefferon
ftpmaint at tug.ctan.org

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor.

Name of contribution: The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List
Author's name: Scott Pakin
Location on CTAN: info/symbols/comprehensive
Summary description: Samples of thousands of symbols that are accessible from LaTeX
License type: lppl

Announcement text given by the contribution's author:
At long last, the next major version of the
Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List is available!
Improvements over the previous version include the
following:

  * Hundreds of new symbols are listed.

  * The index now includes the actual glyph next to
    each symbol name.

  * The section on composing new symbols out of
    existing ones has been expanded.  It now includes
    many recent tips posted to comp.text.tex.

  * A number of tables have been restructured and
    reorganized for clarity.

  * Various typos have been corrected.

Thanks to the following people who suggested additions
to the list or pointed out errors in the previous
version: Stefan Becuwe, Bernd Loechner, Bjarte
M. Oestvold, Norman Ramsey, and Peter Simon.  (I hope I
didn't miss anyone.)