CTAN submission -- bmeps

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Wed Oct 16 11:21:38 CEST 2002

----- Forwarded message from Dirk Krause -----
A submission was uploaded to nova.dante.de:/ftp/incoming/upload-20021015.001/.

The following information was provided by our fellow contributor:

Name of contribution: bmeps
Name and email: Dirk Krause
Suggested location on CTAN: /support/bmeps
Summary description: Converter from PNG/JPEG/NetPBM/TIFF to EPS
License type: Free

Overview:
bmeps is a program and library to convert from PNG, JPEG,
NetPBM and TIFF to EPS. The library can be used by a
modified dvips to convert images "on the fly".
Depending on the PS level choosed for output one can use
run-length compression, flate compression and ASCII85-
encoding instead of ASCII-Hex to create smaller output
files. Alpha channels in images can be used for mixing
and/or to create an image mask.

Changes in this update:
The dvips-mods subdirectory now contains suggestions
for modifications to divps(k) version 5.86 and 5.90a.

Thanks for the upload.  I installed it as auggested replacing the old version
in CTAN:/tex-archive/support/bmeps/

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team