tug.ctan.org downtime

Jim Hefferon ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Thu Apr 17 16:46:59 CEST 2003

The tug.ctan.org machine will go down this Thursday, Apr 17, at perhaps
3:00 pm local (US Eastern) and remain down for some time.

This machine runs the http://www.ctan.org web interface, and is also
known as ctan.tug.org.

The reason for the downtime is that our entire campus will lose power for
at least two days and the Easter weekend was judged a good time to do this.
I may be able to get in on Sat morning and bring the machine back up but
I need to leave town that day and if power is not back by then, the
machine may not reappear until Tuesday morning.

I apologize for the inconvienence.  The other two ctan nodes will be up
at ftp.tex.ac.uk and ftp.dante.de.

Jim Hefferon
ftpmaint at tug.ctan.org