CTAN upload notification: pdfTeX 1.11a

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Tue Aug 5 12:58:54 CEST 2003

----- Forwarded message from ctan-upload -----
Name of contribution: pdfTeX 1.11a
Name and email: Martin Schröder <martin at pdftex.org>
Suggested location on CTAN: systems/pdftex
Summary description: A new stable version of pdfTeX
License type: gpl

Major changes since 1.10b
-------------------------
- New command \pdftrailer analogue to \pdfcatalog whose argument ends up in the
  trailer dictionary.

- The behaviour when an included pdf has a newer version than the one specified
  with \pdfoptionpdfminorversion can be controlled by the new internal integer
  \pdfoptionpdfinclusionerrorlevel: If it's 0, pdfTeX gives only a warning; if
  it's 1, it raises an error.
    This can also be set in pdftex.cfg with pdf_inclusion_errorlevel

- The syntax for outlines has been extended to allow attributes:
  See http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-pdftex/2003-June/000165.html

- The syntax of \pdfobj has been extended:
  \pdfobj <object type spec>                              (h, v, m)
  <object type spec> --> reserveobjnum
  <object contents> --> <file spec>
                      | <general text>
  When the optional keyword `reserveobjnum' and `useobjnum' is not given, the
  behaviour is unchanged.
  See also http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/pdftex/2003-March/003814.html

- Bugfix: /CreationDate didn't care for the timezone and could be fooled.
  See http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-pdftex/2003-July/000223.html

- Bugfix: The translation of 8-bit characters in included pdfs that had their
  eighth bit set sometimes got wrong because of a missing typecast.
  See http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-pdftex/2003-July/000216.html

- Bugfix: pdfTeX -ini would crash with a minimal file because it didn't read
  it's config and so didn't know anything about fonts.
  See http://tug.org/pipermail/pdftex/2003-July/004262.html

- Bugfix: \pdfstartlink would produce spurious /NewWindow entries. Also the
  syntax of <action spec> and <goto-action spec> has been cleaned up.
  See http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-pdftex/2003-June/000167.html

- Bugfix: \pdffontattr was not used for T3 fonts.
  See http://tug.org/pipermail/pdftex/2003-June/004127.html

- Bugfix: The cropbox of an included pdf would sometimes not be used.
  See http://tug.org/pipermail/pdftex/2003-May/004037.html

- pdfTeX uses xpdf 2.02

%EOF

the archive contains NEWS, README and pdftex.xml, which should be extracted and put alongside the archive. And pdftex.xml should go into the catalogue. :-)

Thanks for the upload.  I installed it as suggested in
CTAN:systems/pdftex

Graham, can you please use systems/pdftex/pdftex.xml for the catalogue?

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team