CTAN submission: Matthias Clasen's TeX extensions

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Fri Feb 21 16:40:43 CET 2003

----- Forwarded message from Werner LEMBERG -----
With permission of Matthias I've just uploaded his bundle of TeX
extensions (clasen.tar.bz2) to ftp.dante.de.  Note that this stuff is
about five years old -- the old ftp address is no longer valid.

I'm not sure where to install since I couldn't find similar stuff; I
suggest `systems/extensions/' as the place where to unpack the archive
(which creates an additional subdirectory called `clasen').

Below some text for ctan-ann.

This bundle contains some proposals for extensions to TeX
which I have implemented in a series of change files.  These
have only been tested with web2c 7.2 as contained on the
TeX live III CD.

glue/glue.ch
  Adapt Knuth's glue.web to replace all cases of floating-point
  arithmetic in TeX by fixed-point counterparts.

hyphenation/classes.ch:
  Implements hyphen classes.

hyphenation/count.ch:
  Implements demerits for more than 2 consecutive hyphens.

math/accent.ch:
  Implements nestable and under math accents.

math/cramp.ch:
  Implements primitives to switch to cramped styles.

math/radical.ch:
  Implements generalized radicals with a left and right delimiter.

math/fraction.ch:
  Implements \mathstyle and \fraction.

hz/hz.ch
  Implement the hz-algorithm, ie using variants of a font to achieve
  better justification.

margin/margin.ch
  Implement \marginchar for hanging punctuation and hyphenation and
  optical margin correction.
----- End forwarded message -----

Thanks for your upload.  I installed it in
CTAN:/tex-archive/systems/tex-extensions/clasen/

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team