CTAN submission -- initials fonts

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Tue Mar 11 19:26:04 CET 2003

----- Forwarded message from Maurizio Loreti -----
+ what you've uploaded

  incoming/initials.tar.gz

+ which CTAN node you've uploaded to

  ftp.dante.de

+ where you want the files to go

  tex-archive/fonts/initials/

+ what licensing conditions you apply to your software

  non-commercial (for the fonts; the macros are public domain)

+ a brief summary of what your upload is intended to do

  From the README file:
This archive contains PostScript binary files for a few "decorative
initials" (also called "dropped initials") fonts, and the service
files needed in order to use these fonts with [La]TeX.

The fonts are freely usable for non-commercial use, and are a (small)
subset of the ones designed and crafted by:

          Dieter Steffmann
          Marburger Straße 93a
	  D-57223 Kreuztal (Germany)

and available under his Web page

        http://www.steffmann.de/english/index.htm

(follow the link to "Fonts").  That URL states:

"You may download [the fonts] for free and use them for personal
purposes."; my own files (all but the .pfb and .afm from the following
list) are public domain.

The files included in the distribution are:

        .pfb files:   PostScript Font Binary files;
        .afm files:   Adobe Font Metric files;
        .tfm files:   TeX Font Metric files, for LaTeX;
        .fd  files:   Font Description files, for LaTeX;
        config files: configuration files, for dvips;
        .map files:   font mapping files, for dvips;
        .tex files:   example files;
        .pdf files:   Portable Document Format output from the
                      above example files.
----- End forwarded message -----

Thank you very much for the upload.  I installed the package in the directory
CTAN:/tex-archive/nonfree/fonts/initials/ with a symbolic link from
tex-archive/fonts/initials/

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team