CTAN submission -- minitoc update

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Wed Mar 19 12:52:39 CET 2003

----- Forwarded message from Jean-Pierre Drucbert -----
I have uploaded a new release of the minitoc package
(release #38) in /incoming of ftp.dante.de
under the name minitoc.tar.gz

The minitoc package allows to create mini-tables of contents
(and mini-LOFs/LOTs) by chapter (in books and reports), by
section (in arcticles) or by parts.

The licence is LPPL as before.

The location is as before:
    tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/supported/minitoc
The new release replaces all files in that directory.

As the version number jumps from 34 to 38, there are a lot of
corrections, improvements (and perhaps bugs?) in the new
release. See below the historic of changes.

I am very grateful to all people who helped me by pointing
bugs, asking for new features, giving hints and solutions, or
for useful packages (placeins from Donald Arseneau).

Could you install this package to replace the current release
#34. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre F. Drucbert
(who is ashamed to have left so much time pass away since
the preceeding update)

%   03Jan2001   Version 35
%   09Jan2001   Added macros to test if a file is ``empty''
%               (i.e. empty, blank or inexistent) or ``non
%               empty'' (i.e. useful).
%               I used some code from Stephan von Bechtolsheim.
%               Added the checkfiles/nocheckfiles options.
%               Replaced \The at chapter by \The at mtc.
%   26Feb2001   Added bulgarian.mld, hebrew.mld,
%               icelandic.mld, latin.mld, samin.mld.
%   09Mar2001   Added \mtcselectlanguage.
%   01Jun2001   Fixed estionian option (missing).
%   04Jul2001   Added interlingua language.
%
%   11Feb2002   Version 36
%   11Feb2002   Corrected an interaction with \tableofcontents
%               which creates a \chapter* or a \section*,
%               perturbing mtc/stc counters (problem signalled
%               by Frank Mittelbach).
%   18Feb2002   Corrected a spacing problem with empty titles
%               (problem signalled by Frank Mittelbach).
%               Workaround for the \parttoc-\chapter*
%               problem.
%   19Feb2002   Added \mtcskip and \mtcskipamount.
%   27Feb2002   Fixed test for empty files.
%   13Mar2002   Added bangla language.
%   15Mar2002   Reduced depth of \mtc at strutbox.
%
%   xxxxxxxxx   Version 37 canceled
%
%   24Jan2003   Version 38
%   24Jan2003   pt -> \p@ and 0pt -> \z@
%   24Jan2003   \hrule and \vrule replaced by \rule (latex)
%   24Jan2003   added \mtc at zrule for zero-dims rules
%   28Jan2003   added frenchb language (synonym of french)
%   30Jan2003   changed test for empty titles
%   30Jan2003   added options flsection and flsectionb
%   31Jan2003   option tight applies to \parttoc
%               (Thomas Leonhardt leonhardt at informatik.tu-darmstadt.de)
%   07Feb2003   options flsection and flsectionb removed,
%   07Feb2003   replaced by insection option (=flsectionb).
%   11Feb2003   corrected numbering of SLF, SLT
%   20Feb2003   added frenchle and frenchpro languages (synonym of french)
%   20Feb2003   corrected secttocs, at least.
%   18Mar2003   corrected some vertical spacings and struts
%               (I added some mods by Frank Mittelbach, many
%               thanks to him.)
%               A lot of cleaning remains to do, but the
%               release seems to be needed now.
%   Jean-Pierre F. Drucbert
%
----- End forwarded message -----

Thanks for the upload.  I installed it as suggested replacing the old version
in CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/supported/minitoc/

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team