CTAN upload -- Font Installation Guide

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Fri Mar 28 14:00:27 CET 2003

----- Forwarded message from Philipp Lehman -----
I've uploaded the file 'ltxfonts.pdf' to the incoming directory on
ftp.dante.de. This is the initial upload. I suggest to create the new
subdirectory 'info/Type1/fontguide/' and moving ltxfonts.pdf into
this directory. Thank you in advance.

For the catalogue:

ltxfonts.pdf - The Font Installation Guide

The font installation guide discusses the most common scenarios you
are likely to encounter when installing Type1 Postscript fonts. While
the individual tools employed in the installation process are
documented well, the actual difficulty most users are facing when
trying to install new fonts is understanding how to put all the
pieces together. This is what this guide is about.
----- End of forwarded message -----

Thanks for the upload.  After some internal discussion we installed this
document as CTAN:info/Type1fonts/fontinstallationguide.pdf

This is my first try at an XML Catalogue entry; I hope it is correct
(The license type gfdl doesn't fit with the current dtd but this will
probably be adapted soon):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE entry SYSTEM "../catalogue.dtd">
<entry id="The Font Installation Guide"
       datestamp="2003/03/28"
       modifier="zierke at dante.de">
  <about>
    <name>The Font Installation Guide</name>
    <caption>Using PostScript fonts to their full potential with LaTeX</caption>
    <author>
      <name>Philipp Lehman</name>
      <email>lehman at gmx.net</email>
    </author>
    <license type="gfdl" />
  </about>
  <description>
    <abstract>
      The font installation guide discusses the most common scenarios you
      are likely to encounter when installing Type1 Postscript fonts. While
      the individual tools employed in the installation process are
      documented well, the actual difficulty most users are facing when
      trying to install new fonts is understanding how to put all the
      pieces together. This is what this guide is about.
    </abstract>
  </description>
  <distribution>
    <ctan>info/Type1fonts/fontinstallationguide.pdf</ctan>
  </distribution>
</entry>