CTAN update: Circuit_macros 5.3

Rainer Schöpf schoepf at proteosys.com
Fri May 2 13:15:03 CEST 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Dwight Aplevich wrote:

> Circuit_macros5.3.tar.gz has been copied into the incoming directory
> of ftp.dante.de.  Its expanded contents are to replace the contents
> of graphics/circuit_macros. The copyright is almost public domain.
>
>  >From the README:
>    This is a set of macros for drawing high-quality line diagrams to
>    include in TeX, LaTeX, or similar documents.  The macros were
>    originally intended for electric circuit diagrams containing
>    fundamental elements, amplifiers, transistors, and basic logic gates,
>    but several tools and examples for other types of diagrams are also
>    included.  The advantages and disadvantages of such a system are
>    similar to those of TeX itself, which is macro-based, non-wysiwyg,
>    and which uses ordinary character input.
>
>    The macros evaluate to drawing commands in the pic "little language,"
>    which is easy to read and learn.  The programming elements in pic are
>    well suited to line drawings requiring parametric or conditional
>    components, fine tuning, significant geometric calculations or
>    repetition, or to drawings that are naturally block structured or
>    tree structured.  Arbitrary formatted text can be included.  Free
>    TeX- and LaTeX-compatible interpreters for m4 and pic are readily
>    available for Unix and PC machines.
> EXAMPLES:
> Read the manual man.ps and view or print the file examples.ps in the
> examples directory, or for the possibly unstable development version, try
> http://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~aplevich/Circuit_macros/
> A collection of examples and hints has been produced by
> Alan Robert Clark at http://ytdp.ee.wits.ac.za/cct.html
> CHANGES:
> Version 5.3: New macros arcr, arcd, beginshade, endshade, larrow, rarrow,
>    s_sp, s_ht, s_wd, Max, Min, sfgself.  Improved ground, sfgnode, diode,
>    resistor.

Thanks for the update, I installed it in

   graphics/circuit_macros

For the CTAN Team
  Rainer Schöpf

XML file:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE entry SYSTEM "../catalogue.dtd">
<entry id="curve"
       datestamp="2003/05/02"
       modifier="ftpmaint at dante.de">
  <about>
    <name>Circuit_macros</name>
    <caption>New release of Circuit_macros, version 5.3</caption>
    <author>
      <name>Dwight Aplevich</name>
      <email>aplevich at uwaterloo.ca</email>
    </author>
    <license type="pd" />
  </about>
  <description>
    <abstract>
>From the README:
  This is a set of macros for drawing high-quality line diagrams to
  include in TeX, LaTeX, or similar documents.  The macros were
  originally intended for electric circuit diagrams containing
  fundamental elements, amplifiers, transistors, and basic logic gates,
  but several tools and examples for other types of diagrams are also
  included.  The advantages and disadvantages of such a system are
  similar to those of TeX itself, which is macro-based, non-wysiwyg,
  and which uses ordinary character input.

  The macros evaluate to drawing commands in the pic "little language,"
  which is easy to read and learn.  The programming elements in pic are
  well suited to line drawings requiring parametric or conditional
  components, fine tuning, significant geometric calculations or
  repetition, or to drawings that are naturally block structured or
  tree structured.  Arbitrary formatted text can be included.  Free
  TeX- and LaTeX-compatible interpreters for m4 and pic are readily
  available for Unix and PC machines.
EXAMPLES:
Read the manual man.ps and view or print the file examples.ps in the
examples directory, or for the possibly unstable development version, try
http://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~aplevich/Circuit_macros/
A collection of examples and hints has been produced by
Alan Robert Clark at http://ytdp.ee.wits.ac.za/cct.html
CHANGES:
Version 5.3: New macros arcr, arcd, beginshade, endshade, larrow, rarrow,
  s_sp, s_ht, s_wd, Max, Min, sfgself.  Improved ground, sfgnode, diode,
  resistor.
    </abstract>
  </description>
  <distribution>
    <ctan>macros/latex/contrib/supported/curve</ctan>
  </distribution>
</entry>