UK English FAQ v3.6

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue May 13 14:40:42 CEST 2003

i have just installed revised versions of the faq that i maintain on
ctan (help/uk-tex-faq), on the web (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) and for
distributors in the usual place.

this version is much delayed for various technical reasons: i was
close to giving up on it until this lunch-time, when (seemingly) à
propos of nothing, the build suddenly started working again.

this issue claims to answer 300 questions: the first edition, in
december 1994, had 100.  because of the delay, my backlog of "pending"
answers is now up to 21 (though some of those are long-term
development items), and my list of unresolved requirements has well
over 100 entries.

other desiderata include:

-- a better search engine
-- a less demanding means of generating html from the sources
-- various technicalities about cross-referencing within the faq

suggestions, or offers of help, for the search engine would be very
welcome indeed.

Robin Fairbairns

UK TeX FAQ (and CTAN) maintainer