CTAN has a new package: BibTeX Database Generator

Jim Hefferon ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Thu Oct 9 15:21:25 CEST 2003

A new package has been installed on tug.ctan.org and should make its
way to your favorite local mirror in a day or two.

Thanks again,
Jim Hefferon

The following information was provided by the package's contributor.

Name of contribution: BibTeX Database Generator
Author's name: Pallav Gupta
Location on CTAN: support/bibtex-gen
Summary description: A simple interactive script to generate BibTeX Files.
License type: pd

Announcement text given by the package's contributor:
- - ----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is just an interactive script that I use in my Latex work to generate
Bibtex files. I do not like typing all the unnecessary details nor do I
like copying and then modifying entries.

So I wrote this small script to help you type only what you need in your
(customized) bibliographies and generate a file which contains all the
extra info. I just wanted to share it. Who knows, some might find it useful.

Note that its not a bibtex file parser! I'll be happy to make improvments
if someone (besides me) ever gets around to using it. You're welcome to
email me to provide suggestions.

You can have a look at the package at
  http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/bibtex-gen
although you may get a better network connection by visiting a mirror
of CTAN that is near to you; see
  http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/README.mirrors