CTAN Upload: Font Installation Guide 2.0

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Fri Apr 23 13:23:18 CEST 2004

----- Forwarded message from Philipp Lehman <plehman at gmx.net> -----
I've uploaded the file 'fontinstallationguide.tar.gz' to the incoming
directory on ftp.dante.de. This tarball includes an update to a file
currently installed as:

	info/Type1fonts/fontinstallationguide.pdf

plus some new files which were not included in any of the previous
releases. As of this release, the guide will be accompanied by
additional resources. Therefore I would like to request a minor path
change. If possible, please add the directory:

	info/Type1fonts/fontinstallationguide/

and extract the tarball to the newly created directory.

 (...)

ABOUT
-----

The Font installation guide discusses the most common scenarios you
are likely to encounter when installing Type 1 Postscript fonts.
While the individual tools employed in the installation process are
documented well, the actual difficulty most users are facing when
trying to install new fonts is understanding how to put all the
pieces together. This is what this guide is about.

CHANGES
-------

* Complete revision of the guide for fontinst 1.9
* All examples discussed in the guide now included as separate files
* Monolithic Latex source now included as well
* Added README file

Thanks for the upload.  I installed it as suggested in the directory
CTAN:info/Type1fonts/fontinstallationguide/

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team