CTAN upload notification: pittetd

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Mon Aug 23 16:40:04 CEST 2004

A new package found its way on CTAN:

Name of contribution: pittetd
Name and email: Federico Garcia
Suggested location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/pittetd
Summary description: Class for Electronic Theses and Diss. at Univ. of Pittsburgh
License type: lppl

A class that formats documents for submission as ETD's (Electr. Theses and Diss.) to the University of Pittsburgh. Creates a PDF file with all the required bookmarking (including bookmarks for each table and figure, within the bookmark for the corresponding List, a possibility that hyperref doesn't offer directly), checks for the required `preliminary pages', etc.

It could be of use for writers of similar classes at other institutions. More and more universities are adopting some form of ETD every day, so I would expect more and more 'etd' LaTeX classes will come out. This one has some tricks that solve 'generic' needs of the kind.

I installed this as suggested in CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/pittetd
and created a PDF documentation from the pittetd.dtx file.

Note that there already is another University of Pittsburgh thesis class
in CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/pitthesis.

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team