CTAN upload: TeXmacs 1.0.4

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Tue Aug 31 16:16:45 CEST 2004

----- Forwarded message from Joris van der Hoeven -----
I just uploaded the new GNU TeXmacs distribution in

          ftp.dante.de/incoming/TeXmacs

The new distribution contains the files

TeXmacs-1.0.4-3.i386.rpm
TeXmacs-1.0.4-3.src.rpm
TeXmacs-1.0.4-R3-src.tar.gz
TeXmacs-1.0.4-R3-static-gnu-linux.tar.gz

The files should be put into the directory systems/unix/TeXmacs

                  Full announcement

I am happy to announce the new stable release 1.0.4 of TeXmacs.
The main improvements with respect to TeXmacs-1.0.3 are:

  * A (very) experimental Windows version (alpha)

	http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/windows.en.html

    as well as the official inclusion of TeXmacs into Cygwin.

  * Higher reactivity for editing large documents and
    faster booting and loading of files.

  * A lot of new documentation about the TeXmacs document format,
    environment variables and tags.

  * Possibility to work with TrueType fonts instead of Type 3 fonts.

  * New interfaces with Python, Clisp, Cmucl and Matlab.

  * Thorough reorganization of the style files, implementation of
    "mutator" tags, and location-awareness of internal trees.

  * Support for the Danish language and partial translation of
    the documentation into Polish.
----- End forwarded message -----

Thanks for the upload.  I installed it as suggested replacing the previous
version in CTAN:systems/unix/TeXmacs/

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team