CTAN submission: the "Bera" fonts

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Tue Feb 3 14:12:10 CET 2004

----- Forwarded message from Walter Schmidt -----
I have uploaded the archive file berafonts.zip to the
/incoming directory at dante.ctan.org.  It contains the
"Bera" Type1 fonts and all files required to use them
with LaTeX on the PC or Un*x platform.  Please, create a
new CTAN directory
                    fonts/bera

and unpack the archive there. (Do not unpack the inner
archive bera.zip.)

"Bera" is a set of three PostScript Type1 font families:

  Bera Serif (a slab-serif Roman),
  Bera Sans (a Frutiger descendant), and
  Bera Mono (monospaced/typewriter).

The fonts were originally created by Bitstream, Inc. in
TrueType format under the name "Bitstram Vera".
Malte Rosenau converted them to the Type1 format;  the
license required that the result was given a different
name ("Bera").

The "Bera" fonts are released under the same license as
the original "Vera" fonts (see the file LICENSE).
Please, evaluate this license to deteemine whether the
fonts need to be put into the "nonfree" branch of the
CTAN.
----- End forwarded message -----

Thanks for the upload.  I installed this new font as suggested in
CTAN:fonts/bera

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team