CTAN submission: beamer 2.00 and pgf 0.60
zierke at dante.de
Thu Feb 19 09:42:58 CET 2004
----- Forwarded message from Till Tantau -----
I have put version 2.00 of the beamer package (macros/latex/contrib/beamer) on
fpt://dante.ctan.org/incoming/latex-beamer-2.00.tar.gz and version 0.60 of
pgf (graphics/pgf) on fpt://dante.ctan.org/incoming/pgf-0.60.tar.gz.
beamer version 2.00
- Added placement options to columns and column commands.
- Added \column command.
- Added label option to frames.
- Added \againframe command for showing a frame again later on
- Added \includeonlyframe command for typesetting only specific
- Added \AtBeginSection, \AtBeginSubsection, and \AtBeginPart
commands (very useful!).
- Added \visible command (opposite of \invisible).
- Added verse, quotation, and quote environments.
- Added abstract environment (not very useful in my opinion).
- Added colored option to \defverbatim for use with lstlisting.
- Added grid density option to grid background.
- Added professionalfont option.
- Added automatic support of serif math minion fonts.
- Added option to \pause command to pause only from a specific
- Added \unpause to stop the last \pause.
- Includes enumerate.sty by default and allows one to use its
functionality in beamer.
- Added dark and tab options to beamerthemesidebar. Other sidebar
themes no longer needed.
- Made \note work also inside frames.
- Added templates for notes.
- Added notes=onlyframeswithnotes option for generating only
frames that contain a note.
- Added options to all \insertshortxxx commands.
- Added option for passing arguments to color, xcolor, pgf, and
- Added \action and actionenv environments.
- Added the concept of actions to overlay specifications. For example,
\item<alert at 2> will alert the item on the second slide and
\item<2-| alert at 2> will furthermore have the item covered before
- Added <> option to \newcommand and \newenvironment to make the
defined commands overlay-specification aware.
- \only and \alt will now also accept an overlay specification
"at the end".
- Block environments now accept overlay specification also before
- Added \mode command
- Added beamerbasearticle.sty -> makes nearly all beamer commands
available in article mode in a sensible way.
- Added mode specifications to \section and \subsection commands
(useful for the article version).
- Started adding some templates for rendering frames in article mode.
- Added \lecture command and \includeonlylecture (useful for
- Added a containsverbatim option to the \frame command. Should be
used instead of the old \frame<all:1> (which is, however, still
- Made \includegraphics, \pgfimage, and \pgfuseimage
overlay-specification-aware. (useful for pseudo-animations)
- Every frame is now put into a box internally. Slides will never
be split over two pages.
- \pause commands now transcends blocks (very useful, but not
- Balls are now also used for enumerations, not just for itemize
in shadow theme. Use \beamertemplateenumeratealpha to get old
- Changed syntax of alert and structure templates.
- Reworked internals of overlay management. Should produce
slightly shorter files.
- Changed file names of .jpg and .png images to start with "beamer-"
to avoid name clashes.
- Renamed \original to \beameroriginal because of clash with
lucidia font styles.
- "Streamlined" themes to use the same basic templates.
- \noteitems replaced by \note[enumerate].
- \nameslide command is now obsolete. Use the label= option
- Removed notesonly option. Use notes=only.
- Themes beamerthemesidebartab, beamerthemesidebardark, and
beamerthemesidebardarktab are now obsolete. Use
beamerthesesidebar will appropriate options instead.
- Theme beamerthemetreebars obsolete. Use beamerthemetree with
option bars instead.
- Removed compressnotes option. Use \beamertemplatenotecompress
- Removed pauses environment (no longer needed).
- Improved pgf makes \pgfonly superfluous. Use \only instead.
- Removed reproducable .pdf example files from repository for
faster cvs checkout/checkin.
- Removed \invisibleon command (was superfluous anyway).
- Removed \mixinon command (was not very useful and clashes with
new \pause command; use \opaqueness instead).
- Removed \newoverlaycommand and \renewoverlaycommand. Can be
better implemented using \newcommand<>.
- Removed \article, \presentation, and \common commands (still
quietly tolerated). Should be replaced by \mode<article>,
\mode<presentation>, and \mode<all>.
- Removed beamer/lyx/doc. Documentation is now incorporated in
the main user's guide.
- Added a big example file beamerlyxexample1.lyx.
- Changed \tableofcontents command so that options can be
given in LyX.
- Changed \frame command in LyX so that options can be given.
- Added overprint and overlayarea environments.
- Added \againframe command.
- Changed beamer.layout to use new command \column. Old environment
no longer supported in lyx.
- A new frame and a section or subsection will automatically close
the previous frame. EndFrame is only needed before the end of
the document, before the appendix, and before "out-of-frame"
- Added TitleGraphic command.
- Documented the LyX interface in beameruserguide.pdf.
- Fixed bugs with "jumping" blocks in overlays.
- Fixed bug with tabbing in beamerbaseboxes.
- Added work-around for problem with black background in older
versions of acroread.
- Fixed problems with linebreak in short title and short author
in sidebar themes.
pgf version 0.60:
- Replaced some commands for the postscript code by shorter
versions for smaller file size.
- Fixed bug in pgfbox command that caused incorrect kerning in
- Fixed bug in pgfsys at defineimage that made page inclusion
- Fixed bug in pgfshading that did not reset dash patterns in
shadings in the PostScript version.
- Spaces are now allowed inside the pgfpicture environment.
- Added \pgfgrid command.
----- End forwarded message -----
Thanks for the upload. I installed both packages as suggested replacing the
previous versions at CTAN:graphics/pgf and CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/beamer
for the CTAN team
More information about the Ctan-ann