CTAN upload notification: OFS - Olsak's Font System

Reinhard Zierke zierke at dante.de
Tue Jun 1 13:38:33 CEST 2004

> Name of contribution: OFS - Olsak's Font System
> Name and email: Petr Olsak <petr at olsak.net>
> Suggested location on CTAN: macros/generic/ofs
> Summary description: plainTeX +LaTeX macro for managing large font collections
> License type: other
>
> Announcement text:
> OFS (Olsak's Font System) is plainTeX and LaTeX macro for managing large font collections. It is used by Czech/Slovak users many years.
>
> Main features:
>
> * Long names of fonts to metric file name mapping. User
>   can specify only exact long names in your document.
> * Support for many font encodings.
> * Printing of catalogues of fonts, test samples of
>   font families.
> * Interactive macro \showfonts shows all font families
>   you have instaled via OFS
> * User interface is the same for plainTeX and for LaTeX,
>   but implementation differs: LaTeX variant of OFS uses
>   NFSS, but plain variant implements its own font managing
>   (may be better than NFSS).
> * Support for math fonts including TX fonts.

Thank you very much for the upload.  I installed the package in
CTAN:macros/generic/ofs.

The package has an individually worded license which I'd like to sort under
the license type 'other'.  I believe it to be free enough to have it put
in the 'official' CTAN tree instead of the 'CTAN:/nonfree' directory tree.

Reinhard Zierke
for the CTAN team