CTAN has a new package: bib2xhtml

Jim Hefferon ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Wed Oct 6 18:02:38 CEST 2004

A new package has been installed on tug.ctan.org and should make its
way to your favorite mirror quite soon.

Thanks for the upload,
Jim Hefferon

The following information was provided by the package's contributor.

Name of contribution: bib2xhtml
Author's name: Diomidis Spinellis
Location on CTAN: biblio/bibtex/utils/bib2xhtml
Summary description: Convert BibTeX Files into XHTML
License type: gpl

Announcement text given by the package's contributor:
- - ----------------------------------------------------------------------
bib2xhtml is a program that converts BibTeX files into HTML (specifically
XHTML 1.0). The conversion is mostly done by specialized BibTeX style
files, derived from a converted bibliography style template. This ensures
that the original BibTeX styles are faithfully reproduced. Some
postprocessing is performed by Perl code.

This is an update of the bib2html program written by David Hull in 1996
and maintained by him until 1998. I have been a happy user of the program
since 1995, using the program to keep my publication list up to date, and,
lately, to generate the on-line bibliography list for my book Code
Reading: The Open Source Perspective (Addison-Wesley 2003). After 1998 no
other changes were made to the program, and I failed to locate an active
program home page. Since there were a number of changes I needed to bring
the program up to date with evolving web standards, I decided to adopt
bib2html for maintenance, evolution, and further distribution. The first
new public release made in 2004, features support for XHTML 1.0. Given
that two projects on freshmeat.net claim the name bib2html, on March 2004,
I decided to rename the project into bib2xhtml, to emphasize the result's
XHTML conformance.

You can have a look at the package at
  http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/biblio/bibtex/utils/bib2xhtml
although you may get a better network connection by visiting a mirror
of CTAN that is near to you; see
  http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/README.mirrors