CTAN submission -- Beamer version 3.00, pgf version 0.64
zierke at dante.de
Mon Oct 11 12:45:39 CEST 2004
----- Forwarded message from Till Tantau -----
I have put new versions of beamer and pgf on ftp.dante.de:/incoming.
This is version 3.00 of beamer, a class for creating presentations using
latex. To use it, you also need
- pgf version >=0.63,
- xcolor version >=2.00
To install the class follow the instructions in doc/beameruserguide.pdf.
This is a major update of beamer, containing many changes, most having to do
with a new theme management. Old presentations should still compile without
errors, but some slight color and spacing changes may occur, however.
The update from pgf 0.63 to 0.64 is just a minor bugfix and not needed to use
the new beamer version.
Here are the changelogs:
Beamer version 3.00:
- Completely new theme management.
- Lot's of new variations of themes.
- Font/element/layout/color themes are orthogonal and can be
- Old themes obsolete, but supported for compatibility.
- Original default theme is now in
"beamerthemecompatibility.sty". New default is more minimalistic.
+ Presentation themes:
- There are now 24 ready-to-use presentation themes.
- Manuel Carro has send me a theme that I slightly adapted and
added as the Madrid theme.
+ Layout and element Themes:
- There are 9 different layouts themes, including three new ones
that were not available in the previous version.
- There are 4 different element themes (which dictate things like
how items are typeset).
+ Color themes:
- There are 10 color themes, including a yellow-on-blue theme.
- The seahorse and rose theme allow you to change the colors of
headlines and footlines easily to much less "aggressive"
- You can now dictate the color of every minute detail of a
presentation individually, (including math!).
+ Font themes:
- 6 font themes. Change the fonts of titles to, say, small caps
just by using the smallcaps theme; no need to meddle with
- Just like colors, you can individually change all fonts in
minute detail without touching any templates.
- Split documentation into multiple files.
- Reorganized and reworked large parts of the documention.
- Added a small tutorial to help new users.
- Extracted all "guidelines" and "recommendations" and put them in
a "guidelines" section. Also added lots of guidelines on fonts.
- Added an index (though it's pretty poor, still).
- Added a solutions directory.
It contains ready-to-use solutions for common problems (like
a template for a conference talk).
- Help appreciated (see the documentation).
- Added frame environment (finally!).
- Added the dot notation to overlay specifications. If a dot is
used instead of a plus, the beamerpauses counter is not
- Added xmpmulti.sty. Very useful for including Multi Metapost
- Added some functionality to \onslide to get it more in sync with
- Made \beamerdefaultoverlayspecification work also outside
- Added new version of beamer.el by Thomas Baumann.
- \footnote now takes an overlay specification.
- Added beamercolorbox environment.
- Characters like : may now be active (nice for french
style). Only exceptions are < and >.
- Added a note on how to use msc.sty with beamer.
- TOCs in sidebar will now do line breaking (finally!).
- Powerful object-oriented new font management.
- Powerful object-oriented new color management.
- \tableofcontents now has more options for showing/not showing
- Same is true for the toc in sidebars.
- Added \keywords command (like \subject).
- Added a patch to make beamer work together with musixtex. \pause
will be redeclared inside music environments.
- Added \insert's for inserting the start and end pages of the
current frame, subsection, section, part, presentation, appendix.
- Reordered directories.
- beamerboxesrounded now works differently. color schemes no
- Option class=xxxx onsolete. Use document class xxxx directly
instead and load new style beamerarticle.
- Cleaned up lot's of internals.
- Slight changes to vertical spacing.
- slidestop is now called "t" and slidescentered is called "c".
- \beamersetleftmargin and \beamersetrightmargin obsolete. Use
- Old themes are now mapped to new internal mechanisms. Slight
color and vertical spacing changes may occur.
- Fixed incompatibility with czech.sty.
- Fixed some spacing problems with \label.
- Fixed bug that could cause endless loop if more than two pages
resulted from an allowframebreaks.
- Fixed bug that caused incorrect counter resets in conjunction
- Fixed bug that caused footnotes of suppressed frames to spill
over to the next frame.
- Fixed bug with \AtBeginSection + \lecture + \mode*
- Fixed \label bug in article mode in conjunction with amstex
- Fixed spacing problems when \pause is used in equations
- Fixed spacing problem with slides that start with an itemize.
- Fixed color problem in itemize in conjunction with evil use of
- Fixed failure of action environment in handout and trans modes.
- Fixed bug with shrink + t options.
- Fixed lot's of other small things.
- Fixed problem with displayed math formulas are message "improper
- Fixed wrong positioning of mini frames on notes pages.
- Fixed bugs in outer theme miniframes.
- Fixed foreground coloring problem in beamerboxesrounded.
- Fixed \alert in article mode problem.
- Fixed \temporal problem.
- Fixed vertical mode after \item problem.
- Applied patch with typo fixed submitted by Ohura Makoto.
- Fixed warnings concerning it/sl substitution for cmss.
- Renamed "ternary" to "tertiary" and "fourth" to
- Changed parent of color "frametitle" to "titlelike".
- Fixed problem with \note in lectures that are excluded.
pgf version 0.64:
- Fixed missing depth of \pgfnodebox.
- Fixed bug that caused infinite stack loop with pictures inside
----- End forwarded message -----
Thanks for the uploads. I installed them as suggested replacing the old
versions in CTAN:graphics/pgf/ and CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/beamer/
for the CTAN team
More information about the Ctan-ann