gellmu, version 0.8, uploaded

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 3 08:50:27 CEST 2004

William F Hammond writes:

> I've uploaded version 0.8 of the GELLMU tarball to
> ftp.tex.ac.uk.
>
> GELLMU stands for "Generalized Extensible LaTeX-Like MarkUp".
>
> I suggest that it be placed in "support/gellmu".
>
> License: GPL
>
> This supersedes version the three-year old version 0.74.
>
> This is the first version that provides translation of gellmu article
> (which may be written very much the way LaTeX article is written
> though it is not LaTeX) to the XML form of HTML extended by MathML.
> There is a new user document in addition to a slightly revised version
> of the project manual.
>
> The new HTML + MathML form of the user doc at
>
>   http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/gellmu/igl/userdoc-ht.xml
>
> has a significant number of mathematical examples, and at
> the same place may be found its gellmu source (userdoc.glm) and
> PDF (userdoc.pdf) made from the same source with pdflatex.
>
> Other examples with significant mathematical content are:
>
>   http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/gellmu/examples/f356g-ht.xml
>   http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/gellmu/examples/confrac-ht.xml

i've installed the upload as suggested; thank you very much for it --
i (at least) have been waiting ;-)

i took the liberty of extracting README and doc/userdoc.pdf to appear
separately on the archive, the .pdf to appear in the catalogue and the
README also to appear in browsers wandering through the archive.