CTAN update: noreinserts -- protect footnotes etc. against LaTeX floats

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Sat Apr 9 19:52:30 CEST 2005

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 Uwe Lück submitted an update for his package

  noreinserts

to CTAN.

Location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/noreinserts/
Summary description: Update v0.3: switch back + support floatflt.sty
License type: LaTeX Project

The package provides a hack to prevent LaTeX figures, tables, \marginpar
etc. from causing misplacement of footnotes, footnote splits etc. New with
v0.3:

* At places where the package performs worse than Standard LaTeX, you can
now "turn it off" (for a while) by user commands.

* Mats Dahlgren's floatflt (wrapping text around floats) is supported,
probably dealing with the footnotes problem indicated in its
documentation. In looking at its code, I find that I need to replace the
inappropriate names `noreins.sty' etc. ... A demo file is provided.

Thanks for the update.

For the CTAN Team
  Rainer Schöpf