CTAN upload: runtex

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Tue Aug 30 16:46:06 CEST 2005

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Bernd Becker submitted a new package called

  runtex

to CTAN.

Location on CTAN: /support/runtex/runtex.zip
Summary description: runs TeX or a variant and various utils if needed (windows)
License type: pd

A Win32 program(me) that tries to guess the number of times - if you
neglected to tell it how often - [pdf][e][La]TeX should be executed and
which other utilities - currently makeindex, xindy, MetaPost, MetaFont,
and BibTeX - if at all are run after the first TeX run. Temporary files
will be deleted if nothing went wrong and you told it to.

Not all the functionality got tested (don't use BibTeX or glossaries
currently) but it ought to work if I haven't overlooked any bugs.

In addition, the source code is available as

  /support/runtex/runtex_src.zip

This is the ANSI/POSIX C source code for runtex.
As I use MinGW I don't know if the makefile does anything useful if run
with MSVC, but I have my doubts.

It shouldn't take too much effort to port it to unix if one wants to, but
some ANSI/POSIX functions were defined
differently by MS so it won't compile out of the box, sorry.