CTAN update: powerdot v1.3

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Tue Dec 6 23:25:53 CET 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Hendri Adriaens submitted an update to the

  powerdot

package.

Location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/powerdot/distrib
License: LPPL

Powerdot is a presentation class for LaTeX that allows for the quick and
easy development of professional presentations.  It comes with many tools
that enhance presentations and aid the presenter.  Examples are automatic
overlays, personal notes and a handout mode.  To view a presentation, DVI,
PS or PDF output can be used.  A powerful template system is available to
easily develop new styles.  A LyX layout file is provided.

 > powerdot v1.3:
 >
 > We added a lot of new styles and features to the class. Some of the
 > most prominent new features are:
 >
 > 1) palettes: change the color setup of a style easily. Almost all
 > styles have been equiped with several different palettes so you can
 > change the presentation according to your mood of the day without
 > changing the overall design. And if you don't like the predefined
 > palettes, you can easily define one yourself in the preamble of your
 > presentation and use that.
 >
 > 2) slide processing methods: we have added two slide processing
 > methods that make it a lot easier to include verbatim material (like
 > listings) on slides.
 >
 > 3) clock: you can have a running digital clock on slides so that you
 > can easily keep track of time during the presentation.
 >
 > 4) random dots: this is a feature that can be used to make every
 > presentation a little bit different. It places random dots, circles or
 > squares or other shapes on slides. Colors from the color palettes will
 > be used to color the dots and a lot of parameters can be adjusted
 > according to your wishes: the maximum size of the dots, the area to
 > use for the dots, the brightness, etcetera.
 >
 > Below is a full list of changes:
 >
 > Added horatio, paintings, klope, jefka and pazik styles
 > Added clock feature
 > Added examples and example file
 > Added logo feature
 > Added optional argument to \maketitle
 > Added palettes feature
 > Added palettes to default, fyma and sailor styles
 > Added possibility to create horizontal table of contents
 > Added randomdots feature
 > Added two slide processing methods to do verbatim on slides easily
 > Cleaned up options
 > Improved figure and table handling
 > Revised docs
 > Solved some small bugs