CTAN update notification: FPL Fonts

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Mon Feb 7 17:08:45 CET 2005

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 Ralf Stubner submitted an
update to his fpl fonts.

The FPL Fonts provide a set of SC/OsF fonts for URW Palladio L which are
compatible with respect to metrics with the Palatino SC/OsF fonts from
Adobe. Note that it is not my aim to exactly reproduce the outlines of the
original Adobe fonts. The SC and OsF in the FPL Fonts were designed with
the glyphs from URW Palladio L as starting point. For some glyphs (eg 'o')
I got the best result by scaling and boldening. For others (eg 'h')
shifting selected portions of the character gave more satisfying results.
All this was done using the free font editor FontForge
(http://fontforge.sf.net). The kerning data in these fonts comes from
Walter Schmidt's improved Palatino metrics.

Location on CTAN: /fonts/fpl/
License type: gpl

This is a bug fix release of the FPL fonts, which corrects the lcaron
glyph in the SC font. For compatibility reasons, references are no longer
used for the accented characters in the SC font. Also some internal
changes have been made.

Thanks for the update.

For the CTAN Team
  Rainer Schöpf