CTAN update notification: ltxdiff

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Sun Feb 13 16:26:51 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 Bernd Becker submitted an update to his

  ltxdiff

package.

Location on CTAN: /support/ltxdiff
Summary description: A Win32 program(me) that compares tokens in two .tex
    files  (or directories [+subdirectories] containing .tex files) and
    marks them if it thinks it can
License type: nosource

A Win32 program(me) that compares tokens in two .tex files
(or directories [+subdirectories] containing .tex files) and may mark
differences according to the options set by using GNU Diff to find tokens
to be marked. It tries to be clever at this and won't mark something if it
thinks it shouldn't, ie. \\[10mm] won't be marked as changed if it was
\\[8mm]. The number of commands and environments it knows is small (the
ones I use in my game design) and include some of my own, which might lead
to strange behaviour or even crashes or endless loops - being able to
interrupt the program(me) with CTRL+C comes in handy in such cases - if
you use commands/environments of the same name but different definition.
An other diff program(me) may be used if it has the switches "-b", "-B",
"-d", and "-E" and they are compatible to GNU Diff's.

Changes:

1. corrections and additions to readme.txt (you shouldn't write in a second language if you've fever) it should make a bit of sense now at least.

2. "-b" and "-c" switches compiled in

Thanks for the update.

For the CTAN Team
  Rainer Schöpf