CTAN update -- pkfix 1.2
ctan-ann at dante.de
Sat Jan 29 21:24:24 CET 2005
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Heiko Oberdiek submitted version 1.2 of the package
Short description of pkfix:
Some PostScript files with bitmapped fonts contain
comments, added by dvips. Then pkfix tries to find
the type 1 versions of the font and replaces them.
Location on CTAN: support/pkfix/
Changes of v1.2:
* Bug fix: Merging is now based on type 1 names. This
solves the problem, if different bitmap fonts maps to
the same type 1 font, eg. (ecrm1000, larm1000) -> SFRM1000.
* Suppression of PK generation, if environment variable
MKTEXPK is supported.
* If output file is "-" (standard output) then messages of
pkfix are written to standard error output, resulting
in better pipe support.
Changes of v1.1:
* Bug fix: embedded encodings are now detected and used.
* The temporary dvi files are now written directly. Thus
pkfix does not depend on TeX (but on dvips) and runs
Thanks for the update, I installed it.
For the CTAN Team
More information about the Ctan-ann