CTAN Policy: Documentation of packages

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Mon May 2 17:57:25 CEST 2005

For some time, the CTAN team has been asking those who submit to the
archive to provide documentation files that can easily be read by
archive browsers.

We often find packages, which may be of real use to other users, for
which there is little prospect of a new submission.  We propose to
reserve the right to generate a PDF documentation file from the
author's original resources, in such cases.

Note that we do not intend this to take the place of author-supplied
documentation, but rather only that we may generate documentation
where there is now none (notably on "older" packages).  We remain
eager to install documentation provided by authors themselves.