CTAN update: BaKoMa TeX 7.80 - TeXWord improvements.

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Thu Dec 7 12:00:45 CET 2006

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Basil Malyshev submitted an update to the

  bakoma

package.

Location on CTAN: systems/win32/bakoma
License: shareware

 > Most noticeable improvements (in short):
 >
 >  * Added keyboard shortcuts for symbol panels.
 >    It enables to insert math via keyboard.
 >      Alt+G - lowercase greek, Shift+Alt+G uppercase greek.
 >      Alt+Q - Big Operators.
 >      Alt+N - Binary Operators.
 >      Alt+R - Binary Relations.
 >      Alt+M - Mics Math Symbols.
 >
 >  * Also added one shortcut for text mode.
 >      Alt+T - Text Symbols
 >        \dots (d) \vdots (v) \S (q) \P (p) \copyright (c)
 >        \textregistered (r) \texttrademark (t)
 >        \textdagger (g) \textbullet (b) \textsterling (s)
 >        \euro (e)
 >
 >  * We have done pretest of BaKoMa TeX under VISTA beta.
 >    Version 7.80 includes some performance improvements.
 >
 >  * BaKoMa TeX Support Site (http://www.bakomatex.com)
 >    is opened to provide News (RSS Feed) and
 >    technical support via `Support Tickets'.
 >
 > More details about changes and another bug fixing see at:
 >
 > <http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/win32/bakoma/programs/changes7.html
 > >

 > Bye.
 > Basil K. Malyshev
 > 4-Dec-2006
 >
 > PS: Please send announce to appropriate mailing lists.
 >
 > -------------------- About BaKoMa TeX 7.80 ------------------
 >
 > BaKoMa TeX 7.80 supports two coexisting IDE:
 >   1) BaKoMa TeX Word - Visual (True WYSIWYG) LaTeX Editor.
 >   2) Text Editor + DVI Viewer - Classical IDE.
 >
 > About BaKoMa TeX Word.
 >
 > BaKoMa TeX Word is True WYSIWYG LaTeX Editor.
 >
 >   The word `True' is used to highlight two following
 > facts:
 >
 >   1) It is True WYSIWYG Editor.
 >      It means that display shows precisely the same
 >      what will be printed. It looks as if you edit
 >      your document immediately in DVI Viewer window.
 >   2) It is True LaTeX Editor.
 >      It edits LaTeX source text without any
 >      import/export procedure. It means that
 >      you can load and edit any LaTeX 2e document.
 >
 >   BaKoMa TeX Word is built on top of BaKoMa TeX
 >   graphic engine and consequently it inherits all features
 >   of BaKoMa TeX related with import graphics,
 >   font support, and document export.
 >
 >   It supports processors:
 >      (1) Standard TeX and (2) e-TeX.
 >      Other processors such as Omega may be added in future.
 >
 >   It imports:
 >        EPS, PDF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, PCX,
 >        MSP, BMP, WMF, EMF, FIG, HPGL, and DXY.
 >   It supports fonts:
 >        OpenType (OTF/TTF), TrueType, PostScript Type1 (including MM),
 >        PostScript Type 3, and TeX PK/VF.
 >   It exports:
 >        DVI, PDF, SVG, PS, PNG (with HTML wrapper), and HTML (TeX4HT).
 >
 >   It includes built-in PostScript interpreter accessible via DVIPS
 >   compatible special interface that supports such macro packages as:
 >      PSTricks, PSFrag, graphics (psfig), draftcopy,
 >      PowerDot, Prosper, Beamer, etc.
 >
 >   Most important application of BaKoMa TeX Word is
 >      final step corrections of LaTeX papers before publishing.
 >
 >   Editing slides in WYSIWYG interface
 >      (with such packages as PowerDot, Prosper, Beamer, etc.)
> [...]

This package is located at
   http://dante.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/win32/bakoma
.  More information is at
   http://tug.ctan.org/info/?id=bakoma
(if the package is new it may take a day for that information to
appear).  We are supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .

Thanks for the update.

For the CTAN Team