CTAN package update: UK TeX FAQ v3.16c-1

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Mon Dec 18 12:56:43 CET 2006

I have installed a new version of the UK TeX FAQ on CTAN, in directory
help/uk-tex-faq

This new version includes some work on tidying the FAQ-as-a-whole, and a
small number of improvements and additions (see extracts from the
CHANGES file, copied below).

(I did in fact install a new copy last week, but problems with it were
detected almost immediately, so I delayed announcement until the
problems were resolved and this replacement installed.)

The FAQ appears on CTAN as
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/uk-tex-faq
and in the catalogue as
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/faq.html

However, browsing (and rather feeble searching) is best achieved via the
web interface at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq

The CHANGES file for this release mentions:

Changes in version 3.16c

New answer:
 +Label isdef:    "is this command defined?" tests

Revised answers:
 +Label bibprefixsort: two new examples
 +Label citeURL:  provide a list (rather than a bunch) of alternative
                  styles, mention babelbib
 +Label multirow: mention the case of multicolumn-multirow
 +Label music:    correct Web output of package list at end of answer
 +Label oarglikesect: mention kernel command \@dblarg
 +Label secthead: rewritten accounts of sectsty & titlesec
 +Label tutbitslatex: added pointer to Fauske's page on PGF/TikZ
 +Label watermark: noted that package draftcopy doesn't work with pdflatex,
 +Label watermark: mention draftwatermark
 +Label whatbst:  correct reed.edu link

Bugfix:
 +Release dates are now represented in ISO format (yyyy-mm-dd) --
  previously we used the LaTeX format, using solidus instead of hyphen