CTAN submission - Mem

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Mon Feb 20 18:36:21 CET 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Javier Bezos submitted an update to the

  mem

package, which contains the experimental code he's writing for Lamed (ie,
LaTeX + Aleph). This is still a pre-alpha release, which is being
developed as open source on SourceForge:

  http://mem-latex.sourceforge.net

He writes:

This release is still a somewhat unorganized set of
files and it fixes many small bugs, as I think it's
preferable to stabilize the current code before ever
tackling new features. In addition:

 - The OCP switching mechanism has been written from
   scratch (and now you can trace how processes are built).
   Now uppercase/lowercase works too, and yo can mix,
   say unaccented uppercase for French and accented
   uppercase for Spanish.

 - verbatim begins to work. The problem was in the \char
   primitive, but I've found a workaround. Unfortunately, when
   trying to fix \char Aleph has introduced new bugs which
   were not present in eOmega (no workaround yet).

 - New examples and a few minor additions and bug fixes
   (eg, \b and \d were messed up).

License is LPPL.
Location on CTAN: macros/latex/exptl/mem/

Thanks for the upload.

For the CTAN Team
  Rainer Schöpf