CTAN update: ednotes for scholarly critical editions

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Mon Jul 10 11:43:17 CEST 2006

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Uwe Lück submitted an update to the

  ednotes

package.

Ednotes is a macro package for typesetting scholarly critical editions.
Provides macros for critical edition typesetting with LaTeX, including
support for line numbers and layers of footnotes.

Location on CTAN: /macros/latex/contrib/ednotes
Summary description: Customizing footnote rules; overlapping "moving" lemmas
License type: lppl

 1. Customizing (different) footnote rules -- as invented by
    Christian Tapp and Alex Rozhenko, implemented in manyfoot
    v1.5 -- is now supported by ednotes at last. To learn
    more on this new feature, please search ednotes.sty for
    `Customizing *footnote rules*'.

    One application for this is demonstrated in file
    varnrule.tex .

 2. Overlapping lemmas work as I had desired for a long time
    -- especially in "moving arguments" (e.g. section titles).
    Moreover, my recent work on this had introduced another
    bug -- that is fixed only now.

    Macros \IfLemmaTag and \IfTypesetting become public
    in case you need something more special/general concerning
    overlapping lemmas and/or moving arguments than what has
    been provided so far.

Thanks for the upload.

For the CTAN Team
  Rainer Schöpf