CTAN package update: chessboard

CTAN Announcements ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Fri Jul 21 17:16:19 CEST 2006

The package below has been updated at tug.ctan.org and should soon make
its way to your favorite mirror.

Thanks again,
Jim Hefferon
St Michael's College

The following information was provided by the package's contributor.

Name of contribution: chessboard
Author's name: Ulrike Fischer
Location on CTAN: /macros/latex/contrib/chessboard
Summary description: A package to print chessboards
License type: lppl

Announcement text given by the package's contributor: No
CHANGES
I rearranged and rewrote the keys and commands for the pgf-pictures.
Now all styles and marks can be used in the foreground and in the
background. I added definitions for partial borders. I extended the
trim and clip commands. xifthen is now required.

ATTENTION
Upgrading to this version can change the look of existing document.

Notably two things can give problems: The value of the
padding key now affects much more objects (marks) in the pgf
pictures. So it could be necessary to reset the padding. And the
applycolor has changed its behaviour. It will now also affect the
foreground picture.

See this package at
  http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/chessboard
.  You may get a better network connection by using a CTAN mirror
near to you; see http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/README.mirrors .
Our service is supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .