CTAN has a new package: arabi

CTAN Announcements ctan-ann at dante.de
Fri Jul 28 21:46:37 CEST 2006

On Wednesday, Jim Hefferon announced the release of a new package,
arabi:

> Name of contribution: arabi
> Author's name: Youssef JABRI
> Location on CTAN: /language/arabic/arabi
> Summary description: A package toa add support of Arabic and Farsi to
>   (La)-TeX, compliant with BABEL
> License type: lppl

at the time, we (the CTAN team) were concerned about the licences of
the available fonts to go with the package.  fortunately, the author
has been able to set our minds at ease about the fonts' licences, and
i have therefore installed new subdirectories:

  language/arabic/arabi/fonts/type1/{arabeyes,farsiweb}

of the package's basic language/arabic/arabi directory.

once again, we are grateful to Youssef Jabri for his contributions
(and for his patience with a very cautious ctan team!).