CTAN package update: LaTeXPiX
ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Wed Mar 1 21:32:05 CET 2006
The packge described below has been updated at tug.ctan.org and by now should
have made it to your favorite mirror.
St Michael's College
The twentyfirst CTAN release (Build 2640) has the following improvements:
* New registration procedure implemented. Registration request number is now less flexible and formatting of harddisk and reinstalling Windows should have no effect on the number. The old registration keys still work but will be phased out in half a year. Registered users will have to re-register with the newly generation request number.
* Setup program renamed from lpixbeta.exe to lpxsetup.exe. Also the update file has changed from lpixbeta.updateinfo to lpxsetup.updateinfo.
* Solved a lot of zooming issues but please mind that the zooming functionality still isn't finished and not adviced to use !
* When editing a single plain text object this was seen as a multiselect edit of the text.
* Unitlength specification can now be done in more types of units (i.e. mm, cm, in, pc, pt). Improvement suggestion made by Edward Fondis.
* In PGF mode the spline drawing possibility was offered whilst this in not possible.
* Carriage return not processed during Plain Framebox and Plain Text.
* LaTeXPiX log file viewing moved to main menu group "view".
* Long single lines in the text editor were causing invalid line breaks. Now long single lines are possible.
* Bezier thickness not taken into account in EEPIC mode preview. The ebezier.sty package (v4) can handle Bezier thickness and was also updated in the Style Menu.
* Adobe Acrobat 7 document did not close during regeneration of the preview PDF.
* After editing objects were not redrawn.
* Colour preview panel added.
* Added text fields to quick menu.
* Quick edit added for plain line, rectangle, square, circle, dot, vector, Bezier curve.
* Coordinates displayed when clicking the mouse in edit mode.
* Number of free objects to draw before having to register increased from 10 to 25.
* Improved logging messages.
* Automatically clears preview directory when exiting the program.
* Toolbar menu now also allows editing of colour, lines, shade et cetera. When an object is selected it is edited. When no object is selected the settings are applied globally (for new object to create).
See this package at
. You may get a better network connection by using a CTAN mirror
near to you; see http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/README.mirrors .
Our service is supported by the TeX Users Group http://www.tug.org .
Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
More information about the Ctan-ann