[Fwd: tug.ctan.org upload: pracjourn]

FTP archive maintainer ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Tue Mar 7 16:50:40 CET 2006

Below is an upload from Will Robertson that I somehow contrived to misplace.
He prompted me, and on reading it, I want to consult before I reply.

He is perhaps a bit vague, but I think he is proposing m/l/c/journals/pracjourn .
I think he is volunteering to find in our holdings other journal classes,
and then we can move them.

I can think of a number of reasons to resist that (sounds like work; authors
and others have links to the present locations on web pages; some packages are
multi-usage, etc.).  But OTOH he is an enthusiastic fellow who perhaps could be
encouraged and someday induced to do some of my work.

I'm inclinded to at least install this package under journals/ and caution him,
but I thought I should ask wiser heads.

Jim

The following information was provided by the package's contributor.

Name of contribution: pracjourn
Author's name: Will Robertson
Author's email: wspr81 at gmail.com
Location on CTAN: /macros/latex/contrib/ [journals/] pracjourn
Summary description: Class for typesetting articles for The PracTeX Journal
License type: gpl

Announcement text given by the package's contributor:
Class for typesetting articles for The PracTeX Journal. Please find more
information at <http://www.tug.org/pracjourn>.

To the CTAN maintainers: if you guys like the idea of subdirectories in
contrib, I suggest this be placed within "journals". Contact me if you do like
this idea and want help in finding/moving journal classes into such a newly
created directory. (Also see the "conferences" subdirectory.) I understand
long-term stability might be a reason against such a thing.